Possibly random thoughts of a oddly organized dba with a very short attention span

5.22.2009

no more NIN in the office for me ...

This has got to be one of the worst office faux pas ever.

I was downloading a Nine Inch Nails cd while verifying a set of instances I'd built yesterday.  I had my big headphones on - the big puffy ones I bought to cut down on the noise around me.  I pulled the headphones off and realized the music wasn't playing in my headphones, it was playing on the laptop, loudly enough to hear over the headphones.

Most of the developers were off in a scrum meeting (silly stuff, i wonder how they possibly have time left for real work) but I'm only about 20 feet from our vp and even closer to my immediate bosses.  And of course the song that started playing was the most office inappropriate NIN song I know of.

god i'm glad it's the Friday before a long weekend ...

3 comments:

Toon Koppelaars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toon Koppelaars said...

"Most of the developers were off in a scrum meeting (silly stuff, i wonder how they possibly have time left for real work)"

Well, they're not distracted by loud music, so they do have time left :-)
Besides that, it just takes them so much longer to get things done nowadays. So much longer than 2 decades ago.

Have a good weekend.

Robyn said...

Development does take longer much longer these days, and it's not resulting in better code. I'm all for process and standards, but something has clearly gone wrong when more time is spent managing the management process than managing the process itself.

But today, I am grateful the developers were scrumming - they missed my broadcasting debut. Too bad the sales team didn't join them :(

Hope you enjoy your weekend as well!

Search This Blog

Loading...

My Blog List

disclaimer ...

The views expressed on this page are mine and do not reflect the opinions of my employer, former employers, other associates or the opinions I may hold 3 days from now.